In my book A Simple Guide: How Liberalism, a Euphemism for Socialism, Destroys Peoples and Nations, I discussed the Democrats’ terrible track record of failed policies and the breathtaking and deliberate lies the Democrats tell about those policies:
We are about to examine a proposal by the current ruling class in 2009, the Democratic Party controls the White House, the House of Representatives, and the Senate. They want to create a single party system for the health care industry. They want to micromanage the health care industry and ration health care to the point of deciding how much, if any, health care older people should receive.
All the entitlement programs that are in the process of imminent failure were originated by Democrats when they controlled all three branches of government. These include the following programs:
- Social Security Franklin Roosevelt
- Medicare Lyndon Johnson
- Medicaid Lyndon Johnson
- Single Payer Healthcare Barack Obama
Democratic politicians have proven themselves completely incapable of taking responsibility for any of these fiscal disasters originated by their control of government.
How do they have any credibility whatsoever based on their dismal history of trying to buy votes with entitlements that always go broke? How did we ever get to the point that we would ever let them even dream of socializing the United States healthcare system?
The answer is ideology and illusion. 
If you asked Americans what their opinions were on Socialism, the vast majority would immediately respond with negativity. America has fought more than one war to free other people form the terrible chains of Socialism, and we have enjoyed the remarkable success we have achieved, while watching Socialist countries founder and suffer. In general, because the media calls it progressivism, not what it really is, Americans think Socialism is a world away and largely confined to the history books.
Unfortunately, the destructive political ideology is alive and well right here at home, and slowly but surely wreaking the same havoc it has in every other nation where it has been implemented. If we actually examine many of the policies put forward by Democrat politicians, we will find socialism cloaked in lies. The Democrats understand that if they honestly presented their policies, Americans would reject Socialism. Let’s look at just one example.
Do any of you remember “Hillarycare?”
“The Clinton health care plan, known officially as the Health Security Act and unofficially nicknamed “Hillarycare” (after First Lady Hillary Clinton) by its detractors, was a 1993 healthcare reform package proposed by the administration of President Bill Clinton and closely associated with the chair of the task force devising the plan…”
The Clinton health plan required each US citizen and permanent resident alien to become enrolled in a qualified health plan and forbade their disenrollment until covered by another plan….People below a certain set income level were to pay nothing.
Sounds familiar, doesn’t it? Here are some critiques:
“Op-eds were written against it, including one in The Washington Post by conservative University of Virginia Professor Martha Derthick that said: ‘In many years of studying American social policy, I have never read an official document that seemed so suffused with coercion and political naivete … with its drastic prescriptions for controlling the conduct of state governments, employers, drug manufacturers, doctors, hospitals and you and me.’”
Here is another noted author:
Democratic Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan qualified his agreement that “there is no health care crisis” by stating “there is an insurance crisis” but also indicated “anyone who thinks [the Clinton health care plan] can work in the real world as presently written isn’t living in it.”
Despite the passage of time, the same Hillary is trying to carry water for Obamacare by proposing price control for drugs. And what do we know about Obamacare? Remember Jonathan Gruber? Here are some miscellaneous facts about his career.
- From 2003 to 2006 he was one of the architects of Massachusetts health care reform, also known as “Romneycare”.
- In 1999, the Quarterly Journal of Economics published “Abortion legalization and child living circumstances: who is the ‘marginal child’?” a version of a which was prepared by Gruber and colleagues for the National Bureau of Economic Research which suggests that the legalized abortion has a selective effect for reducing the birth of “marginal children” that saved the government over $14 billion in welfare payments through 1994.
- In November 2014, a series of videos emerged of Gruber speaking about the ACA at different events, from 2010 to 2013, in ways that proved to be controversial; the controversy became known in the press as “Grubergate“. Many of the videos show him talking about ways in which he felt the ACA was misleadingly crafted or marketed in order to get the bill passed, while in some of the videos he specifically refers to American voters as ill-informed or “stupid”….in October 2013, Gruber said the bill was deliberately written “in a tortured way” to disguise the fact that it creates a system by which “healthy people pay in and sick people get money”. He said this obfuscation was needed due to “the stupidity of the American voter” in ensuring the bill’s passage. Gruber said the bill’s inherent “lack of transparency is a huge political advantage” in selling it.
What Gruber is really saying here is that if the American voters don’t agree with the policies of the Socialist Democrats they are stupid. But, if the Socialist Democrats ever clearly stated what they were doing, the American voter would vote against it.
This produces the inevitable reality that the Democrats are only advancing their implicitly socialist agenda, by lying about and concealing what they are doing.
Consider what we have learned so far as the lies are being exposed:
- Despite repeatedly being told we could keep our healthcare plans and doctors, the White House estimated three years ago that 93 million people would lose their plans. Obama knew this and has been lying about it all along.
- Obamacare provides millions of dollars to leftwing community organizers, including ACORN descendants. A radical illegal alien is running the NYC Obamacare “navigator” program.
- Rather than provide healthcare, the Obamacare website is being used to boost low-income Democrat voter registration. Election integrity activists have called it “The biggest voter registration fraud scheme in history.” The Soros-funded Demos has bragged that Obamacare exchanges will register “68 million people to vote.”
All attacks of Socialism against representative democracy are characterized by a shift of power from the representatives of the general assemblies to the “presidents” of the failing democracies. This shift is one of the greatest dangers of Obamacare.
With an unprecedented expansion of the regulatory powers of the executive branch to the most important product we want to buy, healthcare, abuses of the regularity process are likely for affect everyone sooner or later. The evidence for this is increasing every day:
‘ObamaCare” is useful shorthand for the Affordable Care Act not least because the law increasingly means whatever President Obama says it does on any given day. His latest lawless rewrite arrived on Monday as the White House decided to delay the law’s employer mandate for another year and in some cases maybe forever.
Under the new Treasury rule, firms with 50 to 99 full-time workers are free from the mandate until 2016. And firms with 100 or more workers now also only need cover 70% of full-time workers in 2015 and 95% in 2016 and after, not the 100% specified in the law.
By now ObamaCare’s proliferating delays, exemptions and administrative retrofits are too numerous to count, most of them of dubious legality. The text of the Affordable Care Act specifically says when the mandate must take effect—”after December 31, 2013″—and does not give the White House the authority to change the terms.
Changing an unambiguous statutory mandate requires the approval of Congress, but then this President has often decided the law is whatever he says it is. His Administration’s cavalier notions about law enforcement are especially notable here for their bias for corporations over people. The White House has refused to suspend the individual insurance mandate, despite the harm caused to millions who are losing their previous coverage.
Liberals say the law isn’t harming jobs or economic growth, but everything this White House does screams the opposite.
Now comes Hillary desperate to get into the White House in 2016. How does she fit into all this? All too well, as we shall see. Over the next few posts, I will explore the many times that Hillary has lied to the American people about her actions and motives, as she foists what will prove to be a cancerous agenda on America: socialism.
 A Simple Guide: How Liberalism, a Euphemism for Socialism, Destroys Peoples and Nations, Fred N. Sauer
 Wikipedia: Clinton Healthcare Plan of 1993
 Wikipedia: Jonathan Gruber (economist)
 AIM.com Grand Theft Obama: The Biggest Heist in History
 WSJ: Obama Rewrites Obamacare 2/10/14